From recognizable landmarks like Haystack Rock to something a little more off the beaten path, there is no shortage of things to discover in Cannon Beach. One of the best ways to explore all this Oregon town has to offer is on entertaining tours. During your next stay at Tolovana Inn, set off on your own or reserve your spot on a guided outing to explore all there is to see in Cannon Beach.
Cannon Beach Walking Tours
One of the best ways to explore Cannon Beach is on your two feet. There are several self-guided walking tours that fit a variety of interests.
- Wander in and out of incredible art galleries by following the gallery tour map. The roughly mile-long outing takes you to several spots throughout town that showcase the talented artists that call this region home.
- If you have any birdwatching enthusiasts in your group, set off on the birdwatching walking tour. Make your way to several points in town known for bird sightings, like Haystack Rock, the Cannon Beach Nature Trail, and Little Pompey Wetland.
- Just like there are phenomenal art galleries in town, there are also several public works of art to discover. Start at the Corner of Second Street and Spruce to wander the 1.4-mile public art tour.
Reserve Your Spot on Guided Outings
There are certain benefits to going on self-guided tours, and there are also perks to letting knowledgeable guides show you around. Consider adding one of these unique attractions near Cannon Beach to your itinerary on your next visit.
- Take in scenic views on the Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad, which offers a 90-minute roundtrip ride between Garibaldi and Rockaway Beach.
- Explore Nehalem Bay, found about 15 miles south of Cannon Beach, on an outing with Kayak Tillamook. This body of water is part of the Pacific Flyway, making it an excellent spot for birdwatching.
Set Off on Adventures from Tolovana Inn
While Tolovana Inn is known for being a relaxing place to call home, it is also the perfect home base for all sorts of adventures. After checking into our Oregon coast resort, set off on memorable Cannon Beach tours or enjoy one of the other countless things to do in town.
When you’re ready to call it a night, unwind in comfort back at our oceanfront hotel. No matter which accommodation style you reserve, you’ll enjoy a spacious room complete with a private balcony, cozy bedding, and more. Call 503-436-2211 to learn more about reserving your stay or our on-site amenities. We can also answer any questions you may have about special offers.
Road trip to Tolovana Inn in Cannon Beach, Oregon.
Sometimes the best vacation destinations are closer than you think. Situated along the Oregon coast rests the charming town of Cannon Beach, where you can find Tolovana Inn. Our beachside resort is ideal for those looking to enjoy the slower pace of life. However, you don’t have to wait until you arrive for the adventures to begin. Have fun driving from Portland to Cannon Beach by checking out stops along the way.
What to Do and See on Your Oregon Road Trip
It takes less than two hours to drive from Portland to our Cannon Beach hotel, making it a perfect staycation option. Give yourself plenty of time to explore the unique attractions and charming towns found along the way.
- Play tourist in your own town before hitting the road by stopping at the Oregon Zoo. This attraction features five areas that highlight different ecosystems and continents. Check the calendar for upcoming events that’ll give you an up-close look at the creatures that call the zoo home.
- If you’re vacationing with children, be sure to stop by Play Street Museum – Beaverton. This space is filled with several interactive exhibits and activities that’ll have your kids learning and expanding their imaginations.
- If you’re up for a bit of a detour, head to L.L. Stub Stewart State Park. Found about 34 miles west of Portland, this space is home to almost 30 miles of hiking trails and is an excellent option if you’re looking to stretch your legs.
- Another fantastic outdoor attraction is Klootchy Creek Park. The 25-acre park is home to the Klootchy Creek Giant Sitka Spruce, which was once the state’s largest tree.
- As you make your way into Cannon Beach, visit Cannon Beach History Center & Museum. The museum works to preserve the town’s history by collecting and protecting historical artifacts. Wander the permanent and rotating exhibits to learn more about this Oregon coast town.
Unwind Oceanside at Tolovana Inn
There’s no shortage of ways to unwind at Tolovana Inn after making your drive from Portland to Cannon Beach. Go for a swim in the saltwater pool or relax by a beach bonfire. If you’re looking for a bite to eat, stop by Mo’s Restaurant.
Another great way to unwind after your drive is in the comfort of your room. Our spacious studios and rooms offer you a tranquil place to call home. We even have pet-friendly rooms, which means your pup can join in on the vacation fun. Call 503-436-2211 to learn more about our accommodation options, special offers, and on-site amenities.
Tillamook Light House
From the moment you arrive at Tolovana Inn, adventure is right at your fingertips. Our Cannon Beach resort puts you near some of the best activities this Oregon town has to offer. Spend time outdoors at Ecola State Park or discover filming locations of a cult classic. It won’t take you long to fill your itinerary with memorable adventures. When researching things to do, don’t forget to look into what to see on the Oregon Coast when visiting Cannon Beach.
5 Unique Cannon Beach Attractions
Whether visiting with friends, family, or the one you love most, you’ll find plenty of ways to spend your days. A fun way to explore Cannon Beach is to see how many unique attractions or landmarks you can stumble upon.
- One of the most recognizable spots in all of Cannon Beach is Haystack Rock. During low tide, you can even walk right up the basalt sea stack. This landmark is known for its tufted puffin population.
- Hidden behind Ecola State Park is Crescent Beach. You’ll need to hike just over a mile from the Ecola State Park Trailhead to reach the secluded beach. While countless travelers visit the state park, most won’t venture to this hidden gem.
- Part hot shop and part art gallery, Icefire Glassworks is known for its incredibly finely crafted blow glass. Opened in 1991, this shop represents several artists with a connection to Cannon Beach.
- Once an ice skating rink and silent movie theater, the Coaster Theatre is still a go-to place for entertainment. Transformed into a theater in 1972, this theater puts on two musicals and five plays a year. Check the box office to see what shows are taking place during your visit.
- Venture to Tillamook Head, about 15 minutes from the resort, to see if you can spot Tillamook Rock Lighthouse. The deactivated lighthouse was first lit in 1881 after years of work and delays due to storms and harsh weather.
You never know what other attractions you might stumble upon, so keep your eyes peeled for unique sights while exploring.
Plan a Memorable Cannon Beach Escape
Before you can have a relaxing getaway to Cannon Beach, there’s some work that has to be done. One is researching what to see and do on the Oregon Coast near town. The other is reserving your stay at Tolovana Inn.
The spacious suites and rooms at our oceanfront hotel are ideal for any getaway. Enjoy the comforts of home, like a living room, full kitchen, and fireplace, by staying in one of our suites or studios. To learn more about our resort or its amenities, including a sauna and complimentary morning coffee, call 503-436-2211. We can also answer any questions you have about our special offers.
Give your loved ones an unforgettable and unbeatable gift this holiday season and celebrate the season at the Tolovana Inn on Cannon Beach. Our spacious oceanfront accommodations present the perfect opportunity to let all of your worries melt away so that you can focus on what really matters: spending quality time with family and friends. Luckily for you, there are several benefits to spending the holidays at our Oregon Coast resort.
1. Take Advantage of Our Cannon Beach Holiday Special Offers
We have great news for you and anyone else who loves our Cannon Beach hotel. Make huge savings on your holiday retreat to the Tolovana Inn with our assortment of special packages. You can even invite family members or friends to join your seasonal getaway to our Oregon coast resort and give them a holiday gift card. You’re sure to fall in love with the stunning natural scenery and tranquility that envelops the Pacific Northwest Coastline and share that joy with family and friends.
2. Indulge in a Stress-Free Seasonal Getaway
During the colder months, Cannon Beach becomes the perfect place for a serene seasonal vacation. Spend your holiday relaxing at our Oregon Beach resort. There’s no need to worry about meal planning, putting up decorations, or cleaning the house. When you’re not hosting for the holidays, you’ll have a lot more time to bond with loved ones. There are fewer crowds, beautiful sunsets, and plenty of exciting area activities near our Cannon Beach resort during the holiday season.
3. Holiday Events & Other Winter Oregon Coast Activities
If you love engaging in community holiday festivities, you’re in luck. Throughout December, you can enjoy the Haystack Holidays with its myriad scheduled events and go on a Cannon Beach shopping spree. Bask in the glow of the beautiful Christmas lights, soak in the splendor of a stunning sunset, and enjoy all of the exciting things to do in Cannon Beach in winter.
Celebrate the Season at our Cannon Beach Hotel
Treat your loved ones to an unforgettable holiday season at the Tolovana Inn. Our spacious accommodations are the perfect place to enjoy spectacular ocean views, join in the local festivities, and bond with friends and family. To learn more about our special seasonal offers or make a reservation, please give us a call at 1-800-333-8890. Our resourceful staff is happy to help.
There’s no better way to enjoy some R&R than to plan a memorable but relaxing vacation. Booking your stay at Tolovana Inn is the perfect way to accomplish this. Our oceanfront resort is found just south of downtown Cannon Beach, making it the ideal home base for any getaway. No matter when you’re visiting, from colorful fall to the magic season of winter, there is no shortage of things to do and see. From picturesque trails to incredible scenery, there is plenty to discover in Ecola State Park.
When creating your itinerary of memorable adventures, checking out local state parks is a must. It only takes about 15 minutes to drive from our Cannon Beach hotel to this breathtaking state park. Whether you’re vacationing with kids or just the two of you, this Oregon park is a favorite amongst visitors of all ages.
- One of the biggest things that draw people to the park is the stunning hiking trails. Make your way along the .6-mile Tillamook Rock Lighthouse Loop for an easy hike. Other popular paths include the Clatsop Loop Trail and Indian Beach Trail.
- Take in the stunning views found all over the park. The entrance itself takes you through a lush Sitka spruce forest. Take photos of the sea stacks on the southern shoreline or the views from the grassy bluff.
- Watch surfers try to catch waves from the sandy shores of Indian Beach. This secluded area is also an excellent spot for tidepooling and beach combing.
- If you find yourself visiting in the winter or spring, be sure to head to the park to enjoy a bit of whale watching. Gray whales start their winter migration in mid-December and will begin traveling north again in late March. Some whales stay in Oregon’s waters year-round.
- Whales are just one animal you can spot from Ecola State Park. The grounds are also home to other animals like deer, elk, and countless birds.
To enter the park, you must purchase a day-use parking permit.
Enjoy a Nature-Filled Oregon Getaway
If you’re looking to surround yourself with stunning Oregon scenery, head to Ecola State Park and hike along one of the trails. After a long day filled with memorable adventures, relax in comfort back at Tolovana Inn. Our resort, found on the sandy shores of Cannon Beach, has everything you need to enjoy a relaxing escape.
Our spacious accommodations are perfect for everyone, from families to couples. You will also find a number of amenities designed to enhance your stay like a fitness center and an indoor pool. Call 503-436-2211 to learn more about how to save on your stay or to book your accommodations.
Vacations are the perfect way to escape the realities of daily life while enjoying a bit of R&R. Everyone’s version of the ideal vacation is different. Some want to do as little as possible, while others enjoy getting out and exploring. No matter what you’re looking for in a vacation, Tolovana Inn is near something that fits the bill. This Cannon Beach town has something for everyone, including a relaxing spa perfect for a day of pampering.
A Guide to Pampering Yourself
From full-service day spas to nail salons for a fresh mani and pedi, there are plenty of places to pick from when planning your spa day in and around Cannon Beach
- Located in the heart of Cannon Beach, Ocean Spa offers a wide range of services, which means you can create your perfect spa day. Select from a variety of massages, body treatments, or pick one of their pre-planned packages.
- As a full-service beauty salon, Cannon Beach Salon is an excellent option if you’re looking for a bit of pampering before a date night. Enjoy nail services, waxing, facials, and more.
- Treat yourself with a visit to Emiliano’s Hair Studio. This Cannon Beach beauty spot has everything from makeup application, hair styling including up-dos, and blow drys.
Feel Recharged after a Visit to Cannon Beach
When you book a getaway to Cannon Beach, it’s not hard to find ways to relax, from visiting a tranquil spa to soaking in the sunshine on a beach day. Be close to it all by staying at Tolovana Inn. Our Cannon Beach resort, located just south of downtown, features spacious suites and oceanfront rooms. Those enjoying a more extended stay will enjoy the comforts that come with our studios and suites, including a full kitchen, cozy fireplace, and living room.
Be sure to take advantage of our fantastic on-site amenities to make the most out of your stay. When booking your stay, don’t forget to inquire about our current specials and packages for ways to save on your visit. Call 503-436-2211 to learn more.
Find unique holidays gifts at the distinctive boutiques and shops in Cannon Beach.
People often say that it’s better to give than to receive, and that’s especially true during the holiday season. Exchanging gifts is a fun way to show those you care about that you were thinking of them, and seeing their reactions as they unwrap something you spent time picking out is always enjoyable. Instead of relying on gifts shipping on time this holiday season, book a stay at Tolovana Inn and shop for one-of-a-kind gifts at Cannon Beach shops.
A Guide to Amazing Holiday Shopping in Cannon Beach
When exploring the stores found throughout Cannon Beach, you’ll soon realize there are no retail chain outlets. Because of this, you know your gifts are as unique and individual as the people you are shopping for. From boutiques to gift shops, you’ll be to get something for everyone on your list.
- If you’re looking for the latest styles, visit Jenny B. Boutique. You’ll find everything from accessories, to pants and tops, to cozy sweaters and jackets. Another excellent option for women’s fashion is Dena’s Shop on the Corner, which features casual luxury and timeless pieces.
- For the outdoor lovers on your list, check out C & R Mercantile or Cannon Beach Surf & Mercantile for a range of outdoor clothing and gear.
- When it comes to filling the stockings, include a sweet homemade treat. Bruce’s Candy Kitchen is known for its delicious saltwater taffy and brittles. Cannon Beach Chocolate Cafe will satisfy the chocolate lovers on your list with its range of top-quality truffles.
- A great gift idea from your children to family members like grandparents is something with a personal touch, and A Child’s Play can help with that. This studio offers a variety of project kits like painting a canvas or pot, making a wind chime, and more.
- You can’t go holiday shopping in Cannon Beach and not stop by Yultide’s Christmas Shop. Find unique ornaments, figurines, decor, and more. They even have fantastic gift ideas as well.
With so many shops to explore, you’ll want to leave an entire day on your itinerary open. Celebrate Plaid Friday, Cannon Beach’s spin on Black Friday, by wearing plaid to show your support for local business.
Shop Small with a Cannon Beach Getaway
A stay at Tolovana Inn is not only a great way to enjoy a bit of R&R, but it’s also a fantastic time to do a bit of holiday shopping. Our Oregon coast resort puts you close to all of the unique and unforgettable shops found throughout Cannon Beach while giving you a comfortable room to call home. After a day filled with wandering in and out of shops, relax by your fireplace or in the sauna. Call 503-436-2211 to learn more about our accommodations and booking your shopping getaway. Be sure to ask about our current special offers or packages.
Indoor Salt Water Pool
Down Around Silver Point. Original oil painting by Jeffrey Hull
One of the best parts about a vacation is discovering something new. This can be a new favorite town or a new activity to try. Cannon Beach is the perfect destination if you are looking to explore the Oregon coast, and Tolovana Inn is the ideal home base for your getaway. Located just south of downtown, you’ll be close to everything this oceanfront town has to offer, including work from amazing local artists. Discover the talent for yourself by exploring a Cannon Beach Gallery.
A Guide to Galleries on the Tour
Cannon Beach is known as one of the top art towns in the country and for good reason. There are public art installations all over town. To see even more fantastic artwork, leave room in your itinerary to go on a walking tour of the top galleries in town. Some of the galleries you’ll see include:
- Jeffrey Hull Gallery showcases the work of the long-time Cannon Beach painter who creates large-scale watercolor paintings of the Oregon Coast. His gallery in Sandpiper Square is your first stop on the tour.
- From there, you’ll leave the square and head to Archimedes Gallery, which features work from emerging and established Pacific Northwest artists. This contemporary gallery has everything from realism to surrealism pieces of art.
- When you reach The Landing, you’ll be able to explore three galleries in one place. See sculptures at the Bronze Coast Gallery, Northwest landscape photography at Images of the West, and dreamlike paintings at Modern Villa Gallery.
- Since 1971, White Bird Gallery has been showcasing work from some of the area’s most notable artists. This gallery helped develop the town into the thriving and well-known art community it is today.
- You’ll finish off your walking tour at Cannon Beach Gallery, home to the Cannon Beach Arts Association. Exhibits rotate every month, so there is always something fresh and new to see.
Other galleries on the tour include Northwest By Northwest Gallery, DragonFire Gallery, and IceFire Glassworks.
Unwind Oceanside at Tolovana Inn
After a day filled with seeing art from fantastic local talents, enjoy a fire out at one of the beach fire pits you have access to as a Tolovana Inn guest. With a convenient oceanfront location, you’ll be able to enjoy walks on the beach whenever you like. Many of our rooms include a full kitchen, so you’ll enjoy the comforts of home. Call 503-436-2211 to learn more about booking your stay.
When you book your Pacific Northwest vacation at Tolovana Inn, you can enjoy a peaceful getaway from the craziness of the last year. Whether you are planning a family vacation or a romantic escape, this Oregon coast town is the perfect spot. During your stay, you can experience everything Cannon Beach has to offer, including unique but socially distanced beach activities.
A Cannon Beach Activities Guide
With several beaches just a short distance from the hotel, you have plenty of options to select from when planning your beach day. No matter which beach you end up at, you’ll make memories that’ll last a lifetime while enjoying these beach activities.
- Find a quiet spot and fish to your heart’s content. The miles of coastline are perfect for surfperch fishing.
- Spend an afternoon learning to surf from the best instructors in the area. Lessons from local businesses like Cannon Beach Surf Lessons and Rentals are a great way to learn a new sport while enjoying the waters around Cannon Beach.
- Rent bicycles from a local shop and cycle down the beach.
- Wander the beach looking for sea stars. These colorful creatures can often be found decorating the rocks up and down the shoreline.
- Rent a kayak from Wheeler Marina and enjoy a relaxing afternoon kayaking the coastline. Paddle around Nehalem Bay and you’re likely to see sea lions, seals,and plenty of sea birds.
Have even more fun on your beach outing by packing a picnic lunch to enjoy.
Book Your Stay at Our Oregon Coast Resort
You won’t have to travel far to enjoy a fun day at the beach when you stay at Tolovana Inn. Our oceanfront resort puts you right next to the sandy Oregon shore. Select from our range of accommodations to find one that fits your needs and budget. During your stay, enjoy our variety of amenities, including beach fire pits and complimentary morning coffee. Please call us at 1-503-436-2211 to learn more about our resort or special offers.
There’s nothing better than exploring all that the Pacific Northwest has to offer. Your stay at Tolovana Inn puts you close to prime hiking trails, picturesque beaches to watch the sunset, and the coastal town of Cannon Beach. When you’re ready to explore the town and surrounding areas, traveling by car isn’t your only option. Enjoy an Oregon coast summer by renting a bike and cycling the trails or on the sand.
Explore the Best Trails in Cannon Beach
Before exploring the trails around town, stop by one of the area’s bike rental shops. Whether you are looking for a cruiser, tandem or fun cycle, there’s a shop that can meet your needs.
Rent a “funcycle” from Cannon Beach’s Family FUNcycle and set off for 90 minutes of cycling fun on the sand.
If you are looking for an electric bike or cruiser, visit Wheel Fun Rental in neighboring Seaside.
Once you’re set with a bike that fits your adventure, hit the trails.
- Klootchy Creek Trails: These mountain bike-specific trails are just five miles from Cannon Beach and are for cyclists of all skill levels. Get away from the crowds and cycle the gravel trails while you experience the coastline.
- Cannon Beach: Riding on Cannon Beach is a must during your stay at Tolovana Inn. During your ride, check off other stops along the route. Get a photo of Haystack Rock and stop for a break at Humbug Point. Explore the old wagon road near Hug Point State Park and get close to the waterfalls just south of Hug Point.
If you are going to cycle the beach, make sure you check the tides.
Enjoy the Oregon Coast at Our Cannon Beach Resort
Tolovana Inn is the perfect place to escape when you’re ready for a break from the craziness of life. After a day of cycling and exploring, relax in your oceanfront accommodation and get ready for the next day’s adventure. To learn more about special packages or availability, please call 1-503-436-2211.
Rent a Funcycle near Tolovana Inn.