Summer is often thought of as the top season for vacations, and while this may be true for families, there is no limit to when you can pack your bags and head out on a memorable getaway. Autumn in Oregon is the perfect time of year for outdoor enthusiasts to explore the stunning landscape as it undergoes a dramatic change. Sitting on the coast, Tolovana Inn in Cannon Beach is the perfect home base for your fall escape.
What to Do During a Fall Getaway
There is a period in the Pacific Northwest known as the “magic season,” and most of fall lands in this season. With summer crowds returning home and temperatures cooling down, this is an ideal time to visit Cannon Beach if you’re hoping to spend most of your time outdoors.
- Watch a Pacific storm roll in. The sandy beach right behind the hotel is perfect for this experience, but be sure you stay safe by reading up on some beach safety tips.
- After the storms have passed, wander the beach on a beachcombing adventure. The high tides and strong winds of seasonal storms can uncover several treasures.
- See if you can spot the herds of Roosevelt Elk that make their presence known when summer crowds leave. Visit the meadows in Ecola State Park at dawn or dusk to see if you can catch a glimpse of these animals.
- Do a bit of bird watching to see what species you can spot as they migrate the Pacific flyway. Keep your eyes open for sooty shearwaters as you stand out on a bluff or a Townsend’s warbler at the Cannon Beach settling pond.
- Hit up an area hiking trail or nearby state park to enjoy a leaf-peeping outing. The Oregon coast gets its fall hues in mid to late October, but the best way to see where the change is by checking a foliage report.
Escape the Crowds with a Fall Stay at Tolovana Inn
Not only does planning an autumn getaway to Cannon Beach, Oregon, mean you’ll avoid the summer crowds, but you can also often experience lower room rates. At Tolovana Inn, we’re committed to providing you with the best stay possible, no matter the time of year.
Enjoy the comforts of home by reserving a studio or suite, which come with a living room, cozy fireplace, and full kitchen. Make the most out of your stay by taking advantage of our on-site amenities, including an indoor pool, fitness center, and complimentary morning coffee. To learn more about our accommodations or special offers, call 503-436-2211.