What to Do on a Winter Vacation in Cannon Beach, Oregon
While winter will be here before you know it, there is still plenty of time to plan a memorable vacation.
The popular oceanfront town is home to endless activities and attractions the whole family will love, most of which are near Tolovana Inn.
To help you have the best Cannon Beach winter vacation possible, we’ve put together a list of top adventures. Whether you’re staying at our Oregon coast resort over the holidays or wanting to kick off the new year with a bang, there’s no shortage of things to do and see. Keep reading to learn more about what fun awaits.
5 Things to Do on a Cannon Beach Winter Getaway
- All aboard the Candy Cane Express. The one-hour ride on the Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad departs from Garibaldi and runs to Rockaway Beach. Enjoy hot chocolate and cookies while taking in the Oregon coastline from the warmth of the festive train.
- Check out all the fun that fun that makes up Haystack Holidays. Watch a holiday classic come to life at the Coaster Theatre Playhouse or learn how to make wreaths at the Chamber Community Hall.
- While winter weather in Cannon Beach doesn’t mean falling snow, there is a heightened chance of precipitation. The conditions during this time of year are perfect for enjoying a bit of storm-watching. Our top choice is Ecola State Park, but make sure you follow safety tips.
- There are two main whale-watching seasons in Cannon Beach, and one takes place from mid-December to mid-January. This is when whales migrate to warmer waters. Throughout the season, Oregon State Parks coordinates programs throughout the region to teach visitors about these creatures.
- Without the crowds of summer, some of Cannon Beach’s other residents make their presence known. The herds of Roosevelt Elk that live here can be spotted most of the year at several places throughout town, including Ecola State Park and City Park.
Reserve Your Stay at Tolovana Inn Today
Don’t wait to plan your winter vacation at Tolovana Inn in Cannon Beach, Oregon. Our waterfront resort is the perfect home base for everyone, from families to couples looking to enjoy a memorable escape. We work to provide you with everything you need for the trip of a lifetime.
Browse our accommodations to find the one that fits your needs best. From spacious suites to cozy guest rooms, we have it all. Make the most of your stay by checking out our on-site amenities and activities. See how you can save on your stay with our special offers online at www.tolovanainn.com.