Tucked away on the Oregon coast sits the picturesque town of Cannon Beach. With everything from delicious bakeries to tranquil beaches and everything in between, this Pacific Northwest town has everything you need to enjoy a break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Located just south of downtown Cannon Beach is Tolovana Inn, an oceanfront hotel close to the top attractions and activities in town and the surrounding area. During your stay, get out and discover all downtown offers to fully experience this coastal town.
Where to Go for Retail Therapy
Spend some time wandering around downtown, and you’ll find a range of local shops filled with everything from clothing to gifts or home decor. Stop into C & R Mercantile to find clothing for everyone in the family. Vintage Viaje is a must for those looking for unique imports and fabulous vintage items. Pick something up for the four-legged family members at Four Paws on the Beach. Discover work from local artists at one of the numerous galleries scattered throughout town.
Where to Grab a Drink
After a bit of exploring, there’s nothing like a cold one at a local bar. Stop by Bill’s Tavern & Brewhouse for hand-crafted ales that pair perfectly with the delicious dishes on the menu. The Wine Shack is not only a fantastic wine shop, but it is also home to Puffin Wines. Visit the tasting room to sample outstanding local wine. For something a little different, stop by MacGregor’s Whiskey Bar.
Where to Be Entertained
Downtown Cannon Beach is full of unique attractions that are perfect for everyone. Solve puzzles and gather clues at The Cannon Beach Escape Room. Put your artistic abilities to work by stopping by Childs Play with the whole family. Catch a show from talented local performers with Coaster Theatre Playhouse.
Discover All Cannon Beach Has to Offer
The only way to find out why National Geographic recognized Cannon Beach as one of the most beautiful places in the world is to see it for yourself. With relaxing yet luxurious accommodations and proximity to downtown Cannon Beach, Tolovana Inn is the perfect place to call home during your getaway. Made up of a variety of room types, you’ll be able to find the ideal accommodation for your stay. To learn more about our rooms and which fits your needs best, call 503-436-2211. Don’t forget to inquire about our current specials and packages for potential savings.
Down Around Silver Point. Original oil painting by Jeffrey Hull
One of the best parts about a vacation is discovering something new. This can be a new favorite town or a new activity to try. Cannon Beach is the perfect destination if you are looking to explore the Oregon coast, and Tolovana Inn is the ideal home base for your getaway. Located just south of downtown, you’ll be close to everything this oceanfront town has to offer, including work from amazing local artists. Discover the talent for yourself by exploring a Cannon Beach Gallery.
A Guide to Galleries on the Tour
Cannon Beach is known as one of the top art towns in the country and for good reason. There are public art installations all over town. To see even more fantastic artwork, leave room in your itinerary to go on a walking tour of the top galleries in town. Some of the galleries you’ll see include:
- Jeffrey Hull Gallery showcases the work of the long-time Cannon Beach painter who creates large-scale watercolor paintings of the Oregon Coast. His gallery in Sandpiper Square is your first stop on the tour.
- From there, you’ll leave the square and head to Archimedes Gallery, which features work from emerging and established Pacific Northwest artists. This contemporary gallery has everything from realism to surrealism pieces of art.
- When you reach The Landing, you’ll be able to explore three galleries in one place. See sculptures at the Bronze Coast Gallery, Northwest landscape photography at Images of the West, and dreamlike paintings at Modern Villa Gallery.
- Since 1971, White Bird Gallery has been showcasing work from some of the area’s most notable artists. This gallery helped develop the town into the thriving and well-known art community it is today.
- You’ll finish off your walking tour at Cannon Beach Gallery, home to the Cannon Beach Arts Association. Exhibits rotate every month, so there is always something fresh and new to see.
Other galleries on the tour include Northwest By Northwest Gallery, DragonFire Gallery, and IceFire Glassworks.
Unwind Oceanside at Tolovana Inn
After a day filled with seeing art from fantastic local talents, enjoy a fire out at one of the beach fire pits you have access to as a Tolovana Inn guest. With a convenient oceanfront location, you’ll be able to enjoy walks on the beach whenever you like. Many of our rooms include a full kitchen, so you’ll enjoy the comforts of home. Call 503-436-2211 to learn more about booking your stay.