From recognizable landmarks like Haystack Rock to something a little more off the beaten path, there is no shortage of things to discover in Cannon Beach. One of the best ways to explore all this Oregon town has to offer is on entertaining tours. During your next stay at Tolovana Inn, set off on your own or reserve your spot on a guided outing to explore all there is to see in Cannon Beach.
Cannon Beach Walking Tours
One of the best ways to explore Cannon Beach is on your two feet. There are several self-guided walking tours that fit a variety of interests.
- Wander in and out of incredible art galleries by following the gallery tour map. The roughly mile-long outing takes you to several spots throughout town that showcase the talented artists that call this region home.
- If you have any birdwatching enthusiasts in your group, set off on the birdwatching walking tour. Make your way to several points in town known for bird sightings, like Haystack Rock, the Cannon Beach Nature Trail, and Little Pompey Wetland.
- Just like there are phenomenal art galleries in town, there are also several public works of art to discover. Start at the Corner of Second Street and Spruce to wander the 1.4-mile public art tour.
Reserve Your Spot on Guided Outings
There are certain benefits to going on self-guided tours, and there are also perks to letting knowledgeable guides show you around. Consider adding one of these unique attractions near Cannon Beach to your itinerary on your next visit.
- Take in scenic views on the Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad, which offers a 90-minute roundtrip ride between Garibaldi and Rockaway Beach.
- Explore Nehalem Bay, found about 15 miles south of Cannon Beach, on an outing with Kayak Tillamook. This body of water is part of the Pacific Flyway, making it an excellent spot for birdwatching.
Set Off on Adventures from Tolovana Inn
While Tolovana Inn is known for being a relaxing place to call home, it is also the perfect home base for all sorts of adventures. After checking into our Oregon coast resort, set off on memorable Cannon Beach tours or enjoy one of the other countless things to do in town.
When you’re ready to call it a night, unwind in comfort back at our oceanfront hotel. No matter which accommodation style you reserve, you’ll enjoy a spacious room complete with a private balcony, cozy bedding, and more. Call 503-436-2211 to learn more about reserving your stay or our on-site amenities. We can also answer any questions you may have about special offers.
Tillamook Light House
From the moment you arrive at Tolovana Inn, adventure is right at your fingertips. Our Cannon Beach resort puts you near some of the best activities this Oregon town has to offer. Spend time outdoors at Ecola State Park or discover filming locations of a cult classic. It won’t take you long to fill your itinerary with memorable adventures. When researching things to do, don’t forget to look into what to see on the Oregon Coast when visiting Cannon Beach.
5 Unique Cannon Beach Attractions
Whether visiting with friends, family, or the one you love most, you’ll find plenty of ways to spend your days. A fun way to explore Cannon Beach is to see how many unique attractions or landmarks you can stumble upon.
- One of the most recognizable spots in all of Cannon Beach is Haystack Rock. During low tide, you can even walk right up the basalt sea stack. This landmark is known for its tufted puffin population.
- Hidden behind Ecola State Park is Crescent Beach. You’ll need to hike just over a mile from the Ecola State Park Trailhead to reach the secluded beach. While countless travelers visit the state park, most won’t venture to this hidden gem.
- Part hot shop and part art gallery, Icefire Glassworks is known for its incredibly finely crafted blow glass. Opened in 1991, this shop represents several artists with a connection to Cannon Beach.
- Once an ice skating rink and silent movie theater, the Coaster Theatre is still a go-to place for entertainment. Transformed into a theater in 1972, this theater puts on two musicals and five plays a year. Check the box office to see what shows are taking place during your visit.
- Venture to Tillamook Head, about 15 minutes from the resort, to see if you can spot Tillamook Rock Lighthouse. The deactivated lighthouse was first lit in 1881 after years of work and delays due to storms and harsh weather.
You never know what other attractions you might stumble upon, so keep your eyes peeled for unique sights while exploring.
Plan a Memorable Cannon Beach Escape
Before you can have a relaxing getaway to Cannon Beach, there’s some work that has to be done. One is researching what to see and do on the Oregon Coast near town. The other is reserving your stay at Tolovana Inn.
The spacious suites and rooms at our oceanfront hotel are ideal for any getaway. Enjoy the comforts of home, like a living room, full kitchen, and fireplace, by staying in one of our suites or studios. To learn more about our resort or its amenities, including a sauna and complimentary morning coffee, call 503-436-2211. We can also answer any questions you have about our special offers.