Who says you have to hop on a plan to reach memorable vacation destinations? A fun way to get from home to your next getaway is by car. For anyone who calls the Seattle area home, it takes less than half a day to reach Tolovana Inn in Cannon Beach. However, exploring stops along the way is an excellent way to sneak in a bit of extra fun.
Where to Stop on Your Way to Our Oregon Coast Resort
The drive from Seattle to Cannon Beach is roughly four hours. This means you can easily manage it in one day. It also means you can easily take your time and explore some unique or popular attractions along the way.
- Start your journey off at the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park. Stretch your legs and explore the two floors of exhibits that tell the history of the last gold rush.
- As you make your way through Tacoma, swing by the LeMay – America’s Car Museum. With four floors filled with countless exhibits, the vehicles here span decades and brands.
- For a scenic pit stop, check out Brewery Park at Tumwater Falls in Tumwater. Found south of Olympia, the park features a half-mile-long walking trail and play area for kids.
- Take in views of both Washington and Oregon from the Bradley State Scenic Viewpoint in Clatskanie. This is also a great place to enjoy a picnic lunch while looking out over the Columbia River.
- As you make your way through Astoria, see how many filming locations used for The Goonies you can find. Drive by Mikey’s house or learn about movies filmed in Oregon at the Oregon Film Museum, which was the County Jail.
Book Your Stay at an Oceanfront Cannon Beach Hotel
When you arrive at Tolovana Inn after making the drive from Seattle to Cannon Beach, give yourself a chance to relax before setting off on memorable adventures. For suggestions on things to do and see, check out our blog.
No matter what activities or attractions you feel like exploring, rest easy knowing you have a cozy place to call home. Our hotel in Cannon Beach has everything you need to feel at home, including spacious rooms and numerous on-site amenities. Visit www.tolovanainn.com to learn more about booking your stay.