Sometimes the best vacation destinations are closer than you think. Situated along the Oregon coast rests the charming town of Cannon Beach, where you can find Tolovana Inn. Our beachside resort is ideal for those looking to enjoy the slower pace of life. However, you don’t have to wait until you arrive for the adventures to begin. Have fun driving from Portland to Cannon Beach by checking out stops along the way.
What to Do and See on Your Oregon Road Trip
It takes less than two hours to drive from Portland to our Cannon Beach hotel, making it a perfect staycation option. Give yourself plenty of time to explore the unique attractions and charming towns found along the way.
- Play tourist in your own town before hitting the road by stopping at the Oregon Zoo. This attraction features five areas that highlight different ecosystems and continents. Check the calendar for upcoming events that’ll give you an up-close look at the creatures that call the zoo home.
- If you’re vacationing with children, be sure to stop by Play Street Museum – Beaverton. This space is filled with several interactive exhibits and activities that’ll have your kids learning and expanding their imaginations.
- If you’re up for a bit of a detour, head to L.L. Stub Stewart State Park. Found about 34 miles west of Portland, this space is home to almost 30 miles of hiking trails and is an excellent option if you’re looking to stretch your legs.
- Another fantastic outdoor attraction is Klootchy Creek Park. The 25-acre park is home to the Klootchy Creek Giant Sitka Spruce, which was once the state’s largest tree.
- As you make your way into Cannon Beach, visit Cannon Beach History Center & Museum. The museum works to preserve the town’s history by collecting and protecting historical artifacts. Wander the permanent and rotating exhibits to learn more about this Oregon coast town.
Unwind Oceanside at Tolovana Inn
There’s no shortage of ways to unwind at Tolovana Inn after making your drive from Portland to Cannon Beach. Go for a swim in the saltwater pool or relax by a beach bonfire. If you’re looking for a bite to eat, stop by Mo’s Restaurant.
Another great way to unwind after your drive is in the comfort of your room. Our spacious studios and rooms offer you a tranquil place to call home. We even have pet-friendly rooms, which means your pup can join in on the vacation fun. Call 503-436-2211 to learn more about our accommodation options, special offers, and on-site amenities.