If there’s one thing you must do during your getaway at Tolovana Inn, it’s making time to see a spectacular Cannon Beach sunset. Dip your toes in the ocean and watch the sun paint the sky with brilliant oranges, pinks, and purples. Luckily for you, we have the inside scoop on the best places to catch a magnificent Oregon beach sunset. Build a campfire and roast marshmallows with loved ones steps away from our Cannon Beach resort, hike to a secluded vantage point, or checkout beloved tourist locations.
5 Fantastic Cannon Beach Sunset Locations
As you might imagine, the sunsets are famous near our Cannon Beach hotel. All you need to ask yourself is: what kind of experience do I want? From tranquil, intimate ocean views near Cannon Beach, Oregon, to the sounds of laughter and chatter from others indulging in the same spectacular experience, you can have either or both. Be sure to keep track of the sunset time for each day and plan to be at your destination at least an hour beforehand.
- Rekindle your Goonies nostalgia and head to Haystack Rock & The Needles. This location does attract quite a few tourists, but there’s plenty of space to stretch out and remain socially-distanced.
- Those who may prefer a more intimate outing should try accessing Cannon Beach from Ocean Avenue. There tend to be fewer people and an uninhibited view of a Pacific Northwest sunset. Don’t forget to bring a flashlight so that you can safely find your way back!
- While it’s a little hidden, Silver Point, located south of Tolovana Beach State Park, features outstanding coastal views, tidepools, and cliffsides.
- Sunset Beach State Recreation Site provides direct access to the beach and unbeatable views. It’s name says it all!
- Located at the north end of Cannon Beach, Whale Park is a great place to watch the sun go down and catch a glimpse of a fleeting whale tail.
Experience Cannon Beach to the Fullest
Round off your Pacific Northwest getaway with a stunning and unforgettable Cannon Beach sunset near Tolovana Inn. Our cozy accommodations grant easy, oceanfront access and provide a private space for relaxation and rejuvenation. Sweeten your stay with one of our special packages. and treat your loved ones to the vacation of a lifetime. To learn more about our fantastic offerings, please give us a call at 1-800-333-8890.