Trails and More: A Guide to Ecola State Park
There’s no better way to enjoy some R&R than to plan a memorable but relaxing vacation. Booking your stay at Tolovana Inn is the perfect way to accomplish this. Our oceanfront resort is found just south of downtown Cannon Beach, making it the ideal home base for any getaway. No matter when you’re visiting, from colorful fall to the magic season of winter, there is no shortage of things to do and see. From picturesque trails to incredible scenery, there is plenty to discover in Ecola State Park.
When creating your itinerary of memorable adventures, checking out local state parks is a must. It only takes about 15 minutes to drive from our Cannon Beach hotel to this breathtaking state park. Whether you’re vacationing with kids or just the two of you, this Oregon park is a favorite amongst visitors of all ages.
- One of the biggest things that draw people to the park is the stunning hiking trails. Make your way along the .6-mile Tillamook Rock Lighthouse Loop for an easy hike. Other popular paths include the Clatsop Loop Trail and Indian Beach Trail.
- Take in the stunning views found all over the park. The entrance itself takes you through a lush Sitka spruce forest. Take photos of the sea stacks on the southern shoreline or the views from the grassy bluff.
- Watch surfers try to catch waves from the sandy shores of Indian Beach. This secluded area is also an excellent spot for tidepooling and beach combing.
- If you find yourself visiting in the winter or spring, be sure to head to the park to enjoy a bit of whale watching. Gray whales start their winter migration in mid-December and will begin traveling north again in late March. Some whales stay in Oregon’s waters year-round.
- Whales are just one animal you can spot from Ecola State Park. The grounds are also home to other animals like deer, elk, and countless birds.
To enter the park, you must purchase a day-use parking permit.
Enjoy a Nature-Filled Oregon Getaway
If you’re looking to surround yourself with stunning Oregon scenery, head to Ecola State Park and hike along one of the trails. After a long day filled with memorable adventures, relax in comfort back at Tolovana Inn. Our resort, found on the sandy shores of Cannon Beach, has everything you need to enjoy a relaxing escape.
Our spacious accommodations are perfect for everyone, from families to couples. You will also find a number of amenities designed to enhance your stay like a fitness center and an indoor pool. Call 503-436-2211 to learn more about how to save on your stay or to book your accommodations.